Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cooper-Garrod Estate Vineyard /Saratoga/CA


The historic tasting room, The 1922 " fruit house"


     Cooper-Garrod is a family owned and operated winery and 28-acre organic vineyard. The Garrod family began its involvement with CA agriculture and open space in 1893.Winemaker Bill Cooper refined his craft and learned from his father and fellow vintners in the Sata Cluz mountains, Napa, Burgundy and Bordeaux. The first public release was celebrated in 1994...by www.cgv.com


The Garrod Farms

Do not be surprised , many friendly horses are walking by .....

old Farms Pics
on the deck .. www.cgv.com









  The Cabernet Franc is my favorite, aged in French oak barrels, is soft and luscious. rich raspberry notes ...

inside the tasting room
Garrod Farms Riding Stables, offers horseback riding on trails with panoramic views of Silicon valley
I love this wooden house ~the "office " of  Carrod Farms

The OFFICE !















 I met new " friends"


I am so happy that I have chance to play with these beautiful horses. At Cooper -Garrod winery, you can enjoy an hour horseback ride through vineyard and Mid Peninsula open space preserves with spectaular views +  a glass of wine ...



www.garrodfarms.com



I am coming back for horseback riding






  


   The Viognier is a special white wine , presents flavors of honey, pear, and nectarine...
 
is he beautiful..?

4 comments:

  1. I ride at this ranch, and I love it! I see you got to meet Tigger, isn't he cute? In the picture of you next to the covered arena, I see a horse in the shade named Shooter, who we always have in my Saturday lessons! And btw, the last horse picture is of a male horse (a gelding) not a mare (female). Not trying to be rude... just wanted you to know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know :-)

    I would love to learn how to ride one day ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! You should ride at Garrod Farms! There is an amazing lesson program, and they have group lessons on Saturday (which I take) and the instructor Christina is amazing! Horseback riding is very fun once you learn how to do it.

      Delete
  3. Carrod Farms
    :P just so you notice, you have a typo..

    ReplyDelete